Here are few of the interview questions which have been recently asked by companies
- What is the difference between Ruby Select and Detect?
- What is the difference between Ruby strings declared with single quotes and the one declared with double quotes?
- What is the difference between Classes and Modules?
- What are different types of associations in rails?
- What is the difference between Has Many Belongs To association and Has Many Through association?
- Explain MVC architecture?
- What are Active records?
- What is the difference between Collection Routes and Member Routes?
- What is the Purpose of declaring resources in Routes file?
- How we can skip any of the action declared by resources in routes file?
- What is the purpose of Helpers?
- How we can Apply DRY technique to our controllers?
- What is the difference between web server and web application?
- What is capestrino used for?
- What is elastic search ? Explain it’s advantages.
- What is the purpose of precompiling assets in production?
- What is CSRF? How does Rails protect against it?
- How does Rails implement AJAX?
- Explain what is “Yield” in Ruby on Rails?
- Explain what is Rails Active Record in Ruby on Rails?
- Explain when self.up and self.down method is used in rails Migration?
- Mention what is the difference between String and Symbol?
- Explain what is Mixin in Rails?
- Explain how you define Instance Variable, Global Variable and Class Variable in Ruby?
- Explain how you can run Rails application without creating databases?
- Explain what is Polymorphic Association in Ruby on Rails?
- Mention what is the difference between Active support’s “HashWithIndifferent” and Ruby’s “Hash” ?
- Mention what is the naming convention in Rails?
Explain the role of the subdirectories app/controllers and app/helpers in Rails.
- What is the difference between compiled language and interpreted language?
- what is ‘make’ in ruby?
Keep watching this space for more questions.
HAPPY CODING 🙂